What happens in Vegas doesn’t necessarily have to stay in Vegas! From January 6-9, 2015, the Atmel team is headed to Sin City for the 2015 International CES, where we’ll be showcasing a number of cutting-edge Internet of Things (IoT) solutions and offering insight into the smarter, more connected world of tomorrow.
Attendees will have the chance to meet our team, demo our latest devices, and get a unique glimpse into some next-gen technology — from the Security of Things (SoT) to futuristic car center consoles — inside Las Vegas Convention Center’s South Hall, meeting space #MP25760. (The show is huge, so it may be helpful to map it.)
Bluetooth and ZigBee and Wi-Fi, oh my! Those looking ahead to a bright future of wireless and smart lighting are also welcomed to join members of our team at the Sands Expo Center in both the ZigBee Alliance Pavilion (booth #71023) as well as the Connected Lighting Alliance (booth #70432).
So what can you expect to see?
Atmel’s SMART LIVING ZONE brings more connectivity, security and intelligence to the home.
- Wide-range of Atmel SmartConnect enabled applications including intelligent weight scales, door bells with built-in cameras, Wi-Fi connected speakers, as well as motion sensor-laden windows, smart plugs, and ZigBee-controlled lightbulbs and gateways.
- A new energy management solution capable of providing real-time, historic data of gas, energy and water consumption through a wireless remote with secure hardware authentication between the wireless device and home automation controls.
- The recently-revealed Atmel® | SMART™SAM L21 running on an Xplained Pro board with an ePaper display.
- Some of today’s leading tablets, smartphones and phablets powered by Atmel’s maXTouch® controllers, along with keyboards, mice and other human machine interface devices based on the company’s latest QTouch® capacitive platforms.
- Bringing together the IoT ecosystem, we’ll also be exhibiting solutions from a number of our friends and partners.
Atmel’s AUTOMOTIVE ZONE enables smart, connected cars with simple-to-use interfaces.
- Ushering in an era of connected cars, the fully-functional and futuristic AvantCar™ center console concept is equipped with curved touchscreens driven by Atmel’s XSense®, maXTouch, QTouch, 8-bit AVR MCU technologies, and LIN-controlled ambient LEDs.
- RF and LF technologies for keyless entry systems, LIN- and CAN-based car networking applications, audio via Ethernet-AVB, MCUs and crypto technologies for safe data transfer via automotive networking.
- Multi-channel audio streaming over automotive Ethernet Audio Video Bridging (AVB) with low-power yet powerful SMART | ARM MCUs.
- The latest hardware and communication protocol offerings for remote keyless entry (RKE), passive entry, passive start (PEPS) and immobilizer, this demo showcases a complete reference design for automotive car access applications.
Atmel’s MAKER ZONE showcases Internet-enabled innovations.
- At the core of the Maker Movement, the well-received Arduino Wi-Fi Shield is further enabling rapid prototyping of IoT projects on the Arduino platform, and will be exhibiting its ease-of-use and wide-range of applications for the professional and DIY communities alike.
- A number of other Maker demonstrations, including a remote-controlled Maker Robot powered by the Atmel | SMART SAM D21 will be displayed. “Mr. Abot” is controlled through an Android app and the communications driven through Atmel’s recently-announced WINC1500 Wi-Fi solution.
- Good news, Makers! You’ll have a chance to bring home a free Atmel Evaluation Kit by simply spotting AVR Man on the show floor, snapping a selfie and tweeting it to @TheAVRMan himself.
“Powered by Atmel” ZONE highlights the latest gadgets using Atmel solutions.
- Aside from an assortment of today’s smartphones and tablets, there will be a collection of wearables on display, too. This includes everything from the Narrative life-logging camera to various fitness tracking bands. As recent teardowns have revealed, Atmel can be found embedded within several highly-popular wrist-adorned gadgets like the TomTom Runner and Motorola Moto 360, as well as in a number of flagship phones like the Google Nexus 6 and Xiaomi mi4.
Unable to make the show? Can’t find the booth? Follow along with us on Twitter using the hashtag #AtmelLive for all the latest trends and real-time happenings right from the CES floor. Don’t forget to check out insightful interviews on YouTube, daily recaps on Bits & Pieces, photos on Facebook and a whole lot more on our other channels as well!