As we’ve previously discussed on Bits & Pieces, the Arietta G25 is an uber-mini system-on-module powered by Atmel’s versatile SAM9G25 ARM9 processor.
According to CNX-Software, Acme Systems, the company that manufactures the board, is now considering designing an open source hardware baseboard for the module.
If produced, the baseboard would likely feature:
- Arietta G25 SoM connector (Vertical mount)
- 1x USB Host port
- I2C Sensors – temperature, humidity sensor and light
- Mosfet output for RGB led strip
- 2x relay output
- 1x filtered dry input
- 2x servo RC motors output
- Audio interface with embedded microphone and jack for PC speakers using Wolfson WM8731 codec
- Expansion headers for external modules
Interested in learning more? The initial schematic is already available here, while feedback for the potential open hardware baseboard can be submitted here on the company forums.