The Makelangelo 2.5 – which recently made its Tindie debut – is described as “sitting on the sweet spot between power and price.”
Essentially, the software sends the lines to the robot one at a time with GCODE. The robot leverages trigonometry to calculate the length of each belt.
Meaning, to move from point A to point B the robot determines the change in belt length and subsequently pulls the belts at the right speed to move in straight lines. Repeat 10,000 times and yes, you have a beautiful picture.
Currently available on Tindie at a $200 price point, kit contents include:
- 2x ROBO-0022 Makelangelo 3 motor mount for wood
- 1x ROBO-0021 Makelangelo 3 pen holder
- 1x KIT-0002 Adafruit motor shield v1
- 1x ELEC-0001 5.5*2.1 female power plug
- 2x MOTO-0003 Stepper Motor, NEMA17, 12v0.3a
- 3x MECH-0051 Timing Belt, GT2-6×1000
- 1x MECH-0070 Makelangelo 2.5 laser cut parts
Interested in learning more? You can check out Makelangelo’s official Tindie product page here.