Based in Hangzhou, China, Qiyang Technology (杭州启扬智能科技有限公司) is a company that specializes in embedded hardware solutions such as the QY-A5D3EK development board which was recently featured on CNX-Software.
The platform comprises a base board (IAC-A5D3X-MB) and computer-on-module (ICA-A5D3X_CM) equipped with the following specs:
- Atmel SAMA5D3 ARM Cortex A5 @ 536 MHz
- 256 MB DDR2 @ 333 MHz
- 256MB NAND flash + 2MB dataflash on CoM, 2x SD card slot on baseboard
- VGA and 16-bit TFT LCD (24-bit compatible) interface up to 2048×2048
- AC97 codec, 1x mic input, 1x LINE in, 1x LINE out
- 10/100M Ethernet
- 5x RS232 ports including one as a debug port (DB9), 2x RS232/RS485 ports
- 1x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- Headers – GPIO, PWM, SPI, I2C, JTAG, EBI CAN bus, 8×8 keyboard matrix header (also used as 4-wire resistive touchscreen I/F)
- Wake-up and reset buttons
- +12V power supply, supports +6V to 23V input
- -20 to 70 C (operating) temperature range
“The company provides support for Linux 3.6.9 + Qt4, as well as Android 4.0 for the board which are provided with the documentation and tools on a DVD,” a CNX-Software writer noted.
“[Plus], Qiyang offers various LCD panels compatible with their board from 4.3″ to 10.4″, as well as optional TTL to LVDS or TTL to VGA modules.”
The IAC-A5D3X-KIT is currently available, with a sample price of $180 per unit.
Interested in learning more? You can check out the product’s official page here.