Atmel kicked off EELive! 2014 with a full schedule of well-attended Tech Talks across a wide variety of topics including the IoT, Maker Movement, battery management, embedded security and Cortex-M (ARM) SAM D20 microcontrollers (MCUs).
Meanwhile, hundreds of EELive! attendees lined up outside of Atmel’s Tech on Tour trailer for the opportunity to pick up a free Atmel XMEGA-E5 Xplained evaluation kit and check out the following exhibits:
- Agent smartwatch (Secret Labs) powered by Atmel’s ARM-based SAM4S and tinyAVR MCU
- Philips Hue Bulbs with Atmel‘s ZigBee and Lightweight Mesh Stack
- Turtle Beach i60 Wireless Gaming Headset with Atmel Wi-Fi
- Direct Roku3 remote with Atmel’s Wi-Fi Direct
- Venstar Color Touch Thermostat with Atmel’s ARM9-based MCU
- Makerbot 3D printer with Atmel AVR microcontrollers
- ASUS T100 Transformer with Atmel’s MaxTouch T Series Cap Touch controller and XSense Metal mesh touch sensors
- Atmel Studio IDE
Atmel, along with Xively, also co-hosted an Internet of Things (IoT) Engineering Summit at the event.
Atmel’s very own Patrick Sullivan discussed a number of IoT-related subjects, including embedded processing, security, connectivity, interface, as well as software, tools and development.
Stay tuned to Bits & Pieces for more EELive! 2014 updates.