Brewbot – which recently surfaced on Kickstarter – is a smart brewing appliance that users can easily control and monitor with their smartphones.
According to Brewbot’s creators, users don’t actually need to know anything about brewing, as they are comprehensively guided through an otherwise complex process from beginning to end.
“Intelligent technology makes it easy to have consistently high quality craft beer at home, work or events,” the Brewbot crew explained. “With Brewbot, you are the craft brewer; discovering new recipes, tweaking ingredients and experimenting with flavors. You can now have your very own brewery – and you are the master brewer.”
“Arduino is a well-proven electronic prototyping platform and we were able to leverage the vast community and resources that it offers,” the Brewbot crew added.
In addition to the Atmel-powered Arduino, additional key Brewbot specs include:
- Dimensions: 121cm x 40cm x 119cm
- Weight: ~100 kg
- Boiler Output: 2000 Watts
- Brew Size: 20 Litres/5.2 Gallons
- Bluetooth LE Connectivity
- 125kW Plate Cooler
- Flow Sensors
- Load Sensors
- Temperature Sensors (±0.5°C)
- Stainless Steel Motorized Valves
- Native iPhone iOS 7 support
- Power Supply: 240 volts (currently UK compatible)
- Stainless Steel Containers.
Interested in reading more about the Brewbot? Be sure to check out the official Brewbot page on Kickstarter.