Atmel’s ATxmega128B1 is a low power, high performance 8/16-bit AVR microcontroller. The MCU boasts 128KB self-programming flash program memory, 8KB boot code section, 8KB SRAM, 2048-byte EEPROM, 2-channel DMA controller, 4-channel event system, USB (full speed), 4×40 segment LCD controller and up to 32 MIPS throughput at 32MHz.
The versatile device can be used to power a wide range of applications, including utility metering, home automation, climate control, industrial control, sports equipment, toys, eToken, medical, power tools and fire alarm systems.
- 4×40 transflective LCD module with backlight
- Transfer data over the USB full/low speed device interface
- Read a light sensor with the ADC
- Read a temperature sensor with the ADC
- Measure external voltage input with ADC
- Measure potentiometer voltage with ADC
- Read status of the 4 Atmel QTouch buttons from AT42QT1040 QTouch device
- 4 LEDs to show status information
- Read/write data to the 64Mbit Atmel DataFlash
- Program the kit via USB bootloader or an Atmel programmer
- Expand the board with Xplained top modules
The XMEGA-B1 Xplained can be ordered from Atmel’s official store here.