Atmel offers industry-leading performance for RF devices operating in the license-free ISM frequency bands, including 5.8 GHz, 2.4 GHz, 868 to 928 MHz, 433 MHz and 315 MHz.
“Our devices support both unidirectional or bidirectional data communication to meet a broad range of proprietary wireless industrial and consumer applications such as automatic metering, alarm systems, home control, toys and gaming,” an Atmel engineering rep told Bits & Pieces.
“In short, our Smart RF products include unidirectional devices with a single transmitter, bi-directional devices with dual transceivers and high-performance receivers.”
In addition, all Atmel RF components are designed to seamlessly work together, offering devs the reassurance of error free design, integration and testing.
“Simply put, we integrate all the building blocks you need for both base and the mobile stations in typical remote control and access control systems,” the engineering rep continued.
Key features of Atmel Smart RF tech include:
- Integrated design – Atmel offers a portfolio of RF devices that deliver the largest link budget in the industry. System level functions such as automatic transmission, frame acknowledgement and hardware security accelerators offload the microcontroller (MCU) to reduce power and computation burden.
- Broad data rate and transmission support – Atmel devices support data rates from 1Kb/s to 20Kb/s (FSK) and 1Kb/s to 10Kb/s (ASK) in Manchester mode and bi-phase mode, plus other codes in transparent mode with programmable bit ranges.
- High sensitivity – Low-IF receivers provide high selectivity, blocking and low intermodulation, eliminating the need for bulky blocking surface acoustic wave (SAW filters in remote control units.
- Low current consumption – In operation, idle, and sleep mode for long battery lifetime.
- Adjustable output power – Transceiver devices support a power output range from 0 to 10dBm; the output can be adjusted and stabilized with external resistors.
Want to learn more about Atmel’s Smart RF tech? Be sure to check out our product breakdown here.