You now have a new tool available to evaluate, prototype and develop with Atmel® Flash microcontrollers. The new Atmel Xplained Pro hardware kits are easy to use, extensible and low in cost. With an Xplained Pro kit it only takes minutes to run your first program on the microcontroller. Just connect the kit to your PC with a USB cable and the Atmel Studio 6.1 integrated development platform immediately recognizes the boards. , Click a button to program the MCU with a ready-made application example based on Atmel Software Framework and you are set to execute and single step through the first lines of C code.
Need additional software tools? Just download extensions for the Studio 6 IDP from the Atmel Gallery online apps store.
Need additional hardware? The Xplained Pro boards are standardized designs of microcontroller boards, with extension boards providing additional capabilities like displays or breadboarding. With this combination, you can create a system to evaluate new Atmel AVR® and ARM® processor-based devices in the context of your targeted applications.
The following boards are now available:
- SAM4L Xplained Pro
- Cortex-M4 based Atmel SAM4L4 MCU with 256kB Flash
- SAM4S Xplained Pro
- Cortex-M4 based Atmel SAM4SD32 MCU with 2MB Flash
- ATMEGA256RFR2 Xplained Pro
- With AVR based ATMEGA256RFR2 MCU WITH LOW POWER 2.4GHZ TRANSCEIVER FOR IEEE 802.15.4
- Segment LCD1 Xplained Pro extension board
- OLED1 Xplained Pro extension board
- IO1 Xplained Pro extension board
- PROTO1 Xplained Pro extension board
These boards are available in the following kits:
- Evaluation kits, providing the MCU boards, priced at $39
- Starter kits, providing a bundle of a MCU board and extension boards, priced at $99 and up
- Extension kits, providing single extension boards
You can buy Xplained Pro kits through your Atmel distributor or online at store.atmel.com.
When you want to decide if the Atmel MCU is the right fit for your design, Xplained Pro kits are the fastest and easiest way for evaluation, prototyping and development.